Panda Cupcakes

Friday 7 August 2015


Hey Guys!!

I love baking and I haven't baked in a very long time now, so as you can see from the photo above that's what I decided to do last week.

I found these little cupcakes on Pinterest and wanted to try and do them myself. You can find the original post HERE and this is the recipe I followed HERE.

So let me show you how I did them.


So first I measured all the powder ingredients as you can see, which were:

100g Plain Flour
140g Caster Sugar
20g Cocoa Powder
1 1/2tsp Baking Soda

I then weighed out the butter which was 40g and added the egg. I then added the liquids to the mix which was:

1tbsp Vanilla Extract
120ml Whole Milk

I also had to add in a pinch of salt and then mixed it altogether in my trusty mixer.


I spooned 1 small spoon of mixture into each cupcake case and baked them at 170 degrees for 20-25 mins.



Once they had cooled down it was time to decorate them with Buttercream Icing. To make the icing I needed:

280g Icing Sugar
140g Butter
1-2tbsp Milk



I then put a 'blob' of icing on 12 cupcakes and then dipped them all in Granulated Sugar, so they appeared white.


Then it was time to do their little faces, I used:

Plain Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Strands/Hundreds & Thousands
White Icing Pen
Chocolate Icing Pen

The most fiddliest part was doing the mouth as I had to pick out individual strands, I should've used tweezers it might have been easier.


And that's it, it was pretty simple to follow and I really enjoyed making these. I think they look so adorable, more than one is rather sickly though!!

What have you baked recently?

See You Soon!!

No comments :

Post a Comment