Afternoon Tea at the Celtic Manor

Friday 8 July 2016

Hey Guys!!

If you have seen my post from Wednesday you will have seen that we celebrated our 3rd Anniversary. We wanted to do something a bit different and also something we may not have done before. So we had a scan of the internet and came across the website for the Celtic Manor and ended up deciding on going there for Afternoon Tea.

I have never been to the Celtic Manor, even though it is literally 5/10 minutes down the road from me, and have also never done Afternoon Tea. When we got there I was so impressed by the Reception area, with its Dragons carved into the pillars, I assume they were carved and they had a beautiful table with all these pretty pink flowers.




We got there slightly early so sat in a waiting area and had a drink as we were having Afternoon Tea in The Olive Tree restaurant and had a table reserved for 1pm. I was just so impressed by the whole experience as the staff were so nice and helpful, and checked if everything was alright with our food. We had the Summer Berry Afternoon Tea which runs from 20th June until September.



When they brought it out I thought it was so adorable and I couldn't wait to try a macaroon, as I have never had one before and have always wanted to try one. I think I did very well in trying some of the items as I'm not a very fruit eating person. I did really like the Jammie Dodger shortbread tartlet and the Raspberry and Elderflower macaroon the most. Then once we finished the sandwiches and cakes, we were brought out scones which came with clotted cream and jam. I haven't had scones in so long and they were absolutely delicious!! The best part of it as well was that the scones were nice and warm.




We loved every minute of this afternoon and was definitely the best way to celebrate our Anniversary. We will definitely be going again for Afternoon Tea, may have to take my Mum and Nan as well next time.

Have you ever had Afternoon Tea?

See You Soon!!

No comments :

Post a Comment