American Style Pancakes

Friday 5 February 2016

Hey Guys!!

I still can't believe it is February and I also can't believe it is Pancake Day next Tuesday. Now I don't know about you but I love pancakes, either with Maple Syrup or Nutella. So because it is coming up I thought I would try out a recipe I found on BBC Food for American Style Pancakes. Dad always tends to be the one to make them so maybe this year I will.

The ingredients you need are:
Plain Flour
Baking Powder
Caster Sugar
Salt
Butter
Milk
Egg


First thing to do is measure out 135g of flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 2 tbsp caster sugar. Then I sifted it all into a bowl.




Then in a separate jug I measured out 130ml milk, added the egg and 2 tbsp of melted butter, then lightly whisked it together.


I then added the milk mixture into the flour mixture and mixed it until it was a smooth batter.


While I left the batter to settle for a minute I melted a knob of butter at medium heat in a saucepan and started to bake/cook the pancakes.



The recipe is meant to make 4-6 small pancakes but I didn't have a small frying pan so I ended up with 2 large pancakes.

They taste really nice and you can taste the salt a bit in them. They would be amazing with some Nutella or Maple Syrup. I also found they were really quick to do so you could rustle some up for breakfast and have them at any time, not just Pancake Day.

What do you like on top of your pancakes?

See You Soon!!

No comments :

Post a Comment