Recipe: Beef Casserole ox

Monday 12 January 2015



Hey Guys!!

Yesterday I decided to make a Beef Casserole as I have never made one before and I really want to start making more fresh meals, as well as getting better at cooking.

When we go Christmas food shopping we always pick up these recipe mixes by Colmans or some other make, which for some reason I can't think of the name of. I seen that we had a Beef Casserole one so decided that's what we were having.

All you need is:

1 Sachet of Colman's Beef Casserole Recipe Mix
450g (1lb) Lean Braising Steak, Cubed
2 Medium Onions, Sliced
2-3 Carrots, Sliced
425ml (3/4 Pint) Cold Water

You can probably find the recipe online but I got the recipe from the back of the sachet. Lets get on with the recipe then :)

First you need to pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees, I have a fan assisted oven so only needed to put it on 170 degrees.


Llewellyn then peeled and sliced the onion, we only used one, and put that into the bowl. I have really sensitive eyes that's why I got Llewellyn to do the onion.


I then peeled and sliced 3 carrots and added them to the bowl.


I then added the beef into it.


I then measured out the water and added the sachet mix, I used a whisk to mix it as it was a lot easier.


I then added the mix to the bowl and mixed it all together and put it in the oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes.


I then served it along with boiled potatoes and had a slice of bread with it.

It smelt gorgeous while it was cooking and it tasted delicious. I will definitely make this recipe again and it would definitely be good for a dinner party. I must say as well it is very easy and straightforward to make as there is not a lot of ingredients needed and doesn't take to long to prepare or cook.

You can also see this recipe on my Vlog HERE.

I hope you enjoyed this post!!

See You Soon!!

No comments :

Post a Comment