My Holiday Reading xo

Wednesday 23 July 2014

 
Hey Guys!!
 
As you know me and my lovely husband are off on holiday!! Obviously I have a whole new wardrobe, ooppss!! But of course the most important thing for my holiday is the books I am going to read.
 
I love reading as you know and I read a lot on a holiday either by the pool, on the beach or on my balcony (if we have one). The books I have chosen to take is Monday to Friday Man by Alice Peterson, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.
 
The Blurb
 
What do you do if you're 34, single and recovering from being jilted two weeks before your wedding day? This is the dilemma Gilly Brown finds herself in. While friends are marrying, having children and moving into the depths of the countryside, Gilly finds herself alone in London and holding on to her fractured family with their tragic past.
It's time to meet new people. So, she decides to get a Monday to Friday lodger, and after a succession of alarming interviews finally finds the perfect one in the shape of handsome reality television producer Jack Baker. Gilly falls for Jack's charm and is transported into an exciting social whirlwind of parties, dining out and glamour.
When Jack is introduced to Gilly's family and friends, it's only the attractive and eccentric Guy, the newest recruit to her dog-walking group, who isn't quite so convinced about Jack's intentions. As Guy watches them grow closer, his suspicions of Jack and his feelings for Gilly deepen. Is Jack so perfect after all... and what exactly does he get up to at the weekends?
 
The Blurb
 
Charlie is a freshman. And while he's not the biggest geek in the school, he is by no means popular. Shy, introspective, intelligent beyond his years yet socially awkward, he is a wallflower, caught between trying to live his life and trying to run from it. Charlie is attempting to navigate his way through uncharted territory: the world of first dates and mixed tapes, family dramas and new friends; the world of sex, drugs, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, when all one requires is that perfect song on that perfect drive to feel infinite. But Charlie can't stay on the sideline forever. Standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor. The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a deeply affecting coming-of-age story that will spirit you back to those wild and poignant roller-coaster days known as growing up.
 
The Blurb
 
"I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once."
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.
Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green's most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.
 
I really can't wait to read all 3 of these books :) I have actually borrowed The Fault In Our Stars off my sister Chloe, where you can visit HERE. She did warn me that I might cry reading it so will keep my sunglasses on just in case!! I like that 2 of the books I'm reading are popular so I have an idea about what they will be like, but what's great is I don't know anyone that has read Monday to Friday Man so I don't know what to expect :)
 
I will let you all know in another post what I think of these books!!
 
See You Soon!!
 


No comments :

Post a Comment